Thursday, August 6, 2015

A French Diva in New York by Anna Adams

A French Diva in New York by Anna Adams
Source: ebook
Pages: 263
Publisher: Smashwords
Release Date: December 15th 2014
Series: The French Girl; Book 4
Verdict: Buy

SummaryMaude Laurent has made a decision: she wants to sing opera, and she wants to be a pop singer. With Matt and Cordelia Tragent by her side, she visits London, Berlin, Prague, and Milan to establish her place as an opera diva. But new challenges await her return to New York as she tries to save her uncle’s record company and relaunch her pop career. It will take all of Matt’s love and all of her family’s support to face them. 

Review: It saddens me to say that this is my final review for The French Girl series, but like they say, all good things must come to an end. 

A French Diva in New York, the final installment in this enchanting series, does not disappoint as it delivers all that I expected and more for the grand finale. 

In the previous installment, A French Princess in Versailles, Matt makes a lot of appearances, and I am absolutely ecstatic to say that he is constantly present in this book, and it is so very fab. He not only provides a familiar (and swoon-worthy) face, he also provides more dimension to the storyline as he travels with Maude and Cordelia through Europe in order to create a career for Maude in the opera industry. 

This book really emphasizes Maude's passion for music and her drive to follow her dreams and instincts. A lot happens in this last book and the three prior books, and her tenacity is to be admired. I love, love, love her character and personality, and it's one of the main reasons this book, and this series, is one that I can say is a must-read for all contemporary fans. 

There isn't much else that I can say without ruining this wonderful ending, but what I can say is that Anna Adams is a writing genius. She puts together and effortlessly whole series that oozes (in the best way possible, of course) personality and spirit, and it's everything I could ask for in a book and a series. 

A French Diva in New York is the perfect ending to a spectacular series, and there's no other way that I'd imagine it ending. Sure, I suppose it could continue on some more, but I think it's the right time to end this series, and it was done in the most appropriate and worthy way.

All in all, The French Girl series is one that I'm so glad to have stumbled across. Like any series, there were ups and downs (many ups and very few downs, mind you), but everything was worth it because Maude, Matt, and the whole crew made it one worth the positives, the negatives and everything in between. 

I'm sad to have to say goodbye to Maude's world, but I'm so grateful that I had the chance to say hello to begin with. Until next time...


Really enjoyed

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Final books are always hard to review, in my opinion. So much nostalgia! I'm glad the series wrapped up nicely, and you were satisfied. The series sounds like one of those gems for you! :)

    Excellent review (for all of the books), Grace! Have a lovely weekend!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Final books are so bittersweet! It's nice to finish the series, but sad to say goodbye! But the good thing is that I can always say hi to all the wonderfulness again!

      Thanks so much, Alyssa! Hope you had a great weekend!

      -Grace :)

      Delete