Monday, June 8, 2015

It's a Mall World After All by Janette Rallison

It's a Mall World After All by Janette Rallison
Source: Library
Pages: 240
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Release Date: October 3rd 2006
Series: Standalone
Verdict: Borrow

SummaryIt's too bad they don't give out diplomas for what you learn at the mall, because I  could graduate with honors in that subject.  No really.  Since I've worked there, I've become an expert on all things shopping-related. For example, I can tell you right off who to distrust at the mall:

1) Skinny people who work at Cinnabon.  I mean, if they're not eating the stuff they sell, how good can it be?

2) The salesladies at department store makeup counters.  No matter what they tell you, buying all that lip gloss will not make you look like the pouty models in the store posters.

3) And most importantly--my best friend's boyfriend, Bryant, who showed up at the food court with a mysterious blonde draped on his arm.

Yeah, I saw it, and yeah, I told my best friend all about it.

You would think this would mean trouble for Bryant, but you would basically be wrong.  Somehow, the evil boyfriend turned everything around, and now I'm the one who has to prove myself!  But I will. Even if Bryant--and more importantly his best friend, Colton--keep trying to stop me.
 


Review: It's a Mall World After All was an unexpected find. It's lighthearted and silly and just pure fun. If you're looking for a quick and witty read, this one's for you.

Charlotte, the main character, works at the mall and is extremely skeptical of all people around her. Thinking that her best friend's boyfriend is cheating, Charlotte embarks on a journey filled with twists, turns, and... most unexpectedly, love. 

I suppose the content of this book could be labeled as cliche, but I thought it was done quite nicely. There was lively banter, which I loved. While reading this, I laughed a lot. Charlotte is definitely a character, and seeing her deal with all the problems and people is a treat.

I did find that there was a lot going on, though. It could seem a bit scattered and unorganized, but I like to think that it reflects the character of Charlotte, who is a bit scattered and unorganized herself. But overall, it was pretty awesome, just like Charlotte.

Everything that happens is quirky and odd, but it works. There were characters that I could relate to, characters that I could dislike, and characters that had swoon-worthy charm. I'd definitely say that It's a Mall World After All is a cutesy teen novel, and I'd like to think that people of all ages would enjoy this funny, entertaining, and enjoyable book. Plus, what I think is the main message of this book really does ring true. It truly is a mall world after all...

Really enjoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment